Thursday, April 21, 2011

the reunion of the year.

The older the friend, the better the friend. That's what I've always heard, anyways. And if that's the case, then I guess Ellen is just about as good as they come. Best friends since second grade is pretty incredible, don't you think? Thirteen years. Whew, I'm just glad she's kept me around this long!

We usually meet for lunch/dinner every few weeks at Pete's on Augusta [traditions are so fun!], but we've been SERIOUSLY deprived for the last three months. On January 10th, she left American soil to become a Spaniard for a while. On April 16th, she reluctantly returned to us, after living a fairytale-esque life for just long enough to make her want it forever. And today, she had her first outing since coming home. Yepp, that means that our tradition is alive, yet again. YAY!

Speaking of traditions, I can't count the number of pictures we have taken that look just like this one, with the only difference being wardrobe changes. As many pictures as we have like this, I can assure you that we'll never have enough.

Ellybeth, words can't express how GREAT it feels to have you home! Thank you for letting me [and my kiddies, who can't understand why you don't live in Spain anymore, by the way] live the past three months vicariously through you. :o)

I love you, best friend.



"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."
Elisabeth Foley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...