Tuesday, October 16, 2012

greater things are coming.

Today has been one of those days when I thankfully remember the past, embrace all the incredible blessings around me right now, and eagerly look forward to the exciting things that the future holds. As I thought back about where I was on this day fifteen months ago, I still got butterflies as I recalled becoming Mrs. Bargeron, finally being able to called Teesh my husband. As I sat in my classroom, giving my kiddos endless smiles and hugs, I was reminded (yet again) that while my life may not be one that people look at and want for themselves, it certainly one straight out of my dreams. There are so many people that I give my heart to every single day, and it is genuinely my prayer for that number to increase with each passing moment. My ability to have so much joy in the midst of a seemingly joyless moment doesn't come from my own strength, but from my Jesus, the Almighty Perfecter of even my worst days.

The future is something that I am particularly stoked about. Several of the most important moments of my life have occurred on the sixteenth of any given month. Today, the sixteenth of October, marks a one-month countdown to, what I'm certain will be, the first day of the most influential and life-altering week I've ever encountered. On Friday, the sixteenth of November, Teesh and I will depart from Charlotte, NC and arrive early the next morning in Port au Prince, Haiti, headed almost immediately to to spend a week with our friends at Hope Vision Ministries in Port au Prince, Haiti. Teesh and I are SO excited to finally make this announcement, thus inviting our friends to partner with us in prayer over this next month, continuing even after our return to Greenville. We will be watching, helping, and learning from our friends at the orphanage, all the while searching and seeking the heart of God as we listen to His voice on what comes next two these two newlyweds who just want to serve Jesus.

As I write these words, I am so giddy to finally get to begin this journey that is seven years in the making. This story we are beginning to write has been in the making for quite some time (for your curiosity), and I am confident that Jesus has simply been molding us for success in His name during this waiting period. How blessed am I that He looks down at my flesh-occupied, hopeless life and shows me compassion by offering me endless amounts of grace and mercy. Our lives are not our own, and we are so thankful to play this small role in His big story; wherever He leads and whatever He asks, we want to be so near to His heart that we couldn't possibly refuse to go out into the world carrying His name boldly and proudlyacross our chests.

Please join us in praying against every attempt of the enemy to destroy the good and beauty that he so hates. We will be challenged in ways that we probably haven't even imagined, but we are ready. Not by any of our own strength, but only because of the cross. We have victory in Christ, and, therefore, have no time to fear the schemes of the prince of this world. Beg the Lord to give us a courage and a boldness like we've never experienced. Beg Him to draw near to us as we seek to love the world as He has loved the world since the beginning of time. Beg for Him to lead us to places that will stretch our faith and further root us into His love and provision.

We will go, because there is no other option. It's as simple and difficult as that.

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here I am! Send me.'"
Isaiah 6:8

1 comment:

  1. my eyes well up with tears every single time i read or hear about this. i seriously could not be MORE happy for you and tj, and there are no two more perfect people to carry out this trip/journey. i love you so very much anna banana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...