Sunday, October 7, 2012

hallelujah, all I have is Christ.

This weekend has been jam-packed with some pretty great things. Friday night, I ventured to Greenwood to celebrate the upcoming union of Nick and Alicia as husband and wife at their rehearsal dinner. The following day, I made my way back to that quaint town to witness them become Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Paul Keely after spending my morning at Fountain Inn's Aunt Het Festival. Not only did I get to see love in its purest form at this gorgeous wedding, but I also got to see it as seventy-three people purchased raffle tickets to help us support our friends down in Haiti. That means in a little over seven hours, we raised seven-hundred and thirty dollars to send down to our kiddos as we try to help them relocate to a better, more enabling environment. We've still got a long way to go, but I am confident that the Lord's will shall not waver and will not be shaken.

What a blessing it has been to be burdened so much over the past two years for a group of people that I've never even met. It's my deepest and sincerest prayer for my heart to be broken for the very things that break the heart of Jesus. My flesh hates it, and it stays in constant battle with my spirit; however, it will not fail. I want to go to the hard places. I want to be in the middle of the fire, but only because Jesus is there with me. I will not sit by effortlessly while the world perishes, and even if the people I love most begin to call me crazy, I'll still boldly profess the name and power of Christ. I mess up every single day, and that's something that will not change until I finally meet my Maker face-to-face, but I will live a life of repentance. I will remain committed to the One who saved and redeemed my soul. I will not grow weary in dying to myself so that I may more wholly live for Him.

Praise Jesus for blessing me with a heart that longs for the entire world to know Him! Even when it hurts and my heart is so heavy that I can barely take a breath, I'll still praise Him. May my life be a constant reminder of the grace He has poured out over us, and may people be attracted to this light I carry so deep within me and desire to have it for themselves. Most importantly, may I not forget that this life I live is not my ownHallelujah, all I have is Christ.

"Come thou long expected Jesus
Born to set thy people free;
From our fears and sins release us,
Let us find our rest in thee.
Israel's strength and consolation,
Hope of all the earth thou art;
Dear desire of every nation,
Joy of every longing heart."

Jesus, please come soon. Until then, however, let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us play a small part in your great plan as you drawing all nations to your name. Hear us as our hearts burn and cry out for you. We live for you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...