Sunday, October 21, 2012

yellow branch falls.

Yesterday was awesome. Simple as that. Not only did I get to take another adventure through creation, but I got to do so with half my family by my side. Teesh, Melanie, Dustin, and I made the two-hour trek to Walhalla, SC to see what Yellow Branch Falls was all about. Melanie recently hiked the trail with some of her friends from NewSpring and had nothing but great things to tell about it, so we chose to make it next on our list of hikes. It was only a mile and a half one-way, and the trail was relatively flat with only a few uphill stretches (because of which my legs will be very thankful tomorrow). My favorite part, as usual, was just hanging out in a new area of God's craftsmanship that I've never tread upon with three of the best works of His hands.

The weather was beautiful, the fall leaves everywhere made my heart nearly explode with uncontrollable joy and giddiness, the waterfall made my pulse race and my eyes grow wide with excitement, and the company I got the opportunity to enjoy on this wonderful afternoon was way more than I deserved. I've got so much to be thankful for, and days like today only add strength to that argument. I hope I never, ever get tired of making memories like the ones made today; being overwhelmed with thankfulness is my favorite state to be in. 


"I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment."
-Hilarie Belloc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...