Friday, April 24, 2015

flashback.

Last week, I shared words + pictures of the cutest bowtie-and-suspender-wearing kiddo on the block, but what I didn't share was my excitement + anticipation during the months when I only dreamed of what he would look like wearing this specific outfit. My heart swelled as I opened the gift and discovered the adorable get-up inside, and I immediately made plans for it to be worn on a special day. It's hard to believe that it has been six months since I held this outfit in my arms, and it's even harder to believe that it has been worn by the little one that we longed to meet for so many months. I think he must have known how excited I was for him to wear it, because he was making faces like his mommy the whole time the camera snapped away during our little photoshoot. Maybe it's because he hangs out with me all day, but I love that he is easily entertained + excited about the smallest of things just like I am. He's even a professional at the mouth-wide-open smile already!
I thought I loved the little boy growing inside of me on that October morning, but it pales in comparison to how much I love him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...