Wednesday, April 1, 2015

back at it.

Saturday afternoon was filled with good company + good eats, but Saturday night was extra special, because it just included me + Teesh. It had been nearly three months since we'd had a date night, and as much as I love spending time with both my boys these days, it's quite magical to still be courted by my husband. My twenty-sixth birthday kick-started this new season of babysitters + coming home to a sleeping baby boy, and it's already my favorite season so far. Call us old-fashioned, but we're committed to each other, and it's our prayer that our son will always know that his mommy + daddy love each other with a love that the world doesn't know much about anymore these days. I want Braxton to learn to love the way his daddy loves, and I am so thankful that I get to be the lady who receives the tender affection that is poured out. I, also, pray that he will see me love Teesh in that same way, so that he will believe that choosing to love another with your whole being is the most beautiful thing there is. Most importantly, we both want B to know that the reason we love each other so well is because we acknowledge + believe that we love because we were first loved by God (1 John 4:19).


We spent this night strolling up + down Main Street, appetizing + dining +desserting at Soby's, enjoying a latte at Port City Java, and dreaming of our continued explorations in Mast General Store. My favorite part, however, was getting butterflies every time he reached for my hand. Twelve years later, and he still makes my heart beat uncontrollably out of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...