Friday, October 30, 2015

boo bash | greenville library.

We broke our weekly walking tradition yesterday by taking a trip to the Greenville Library for a special Halloween-themed treat. We walked into a room overflowing with mamas + their babies (and even a few daddies, too) dressed up in costumes ranging from pumpkins to minions. I'd never heard of this particular service offered by the library until earlier this week, but we've already made plans to make sure that we make this a regular thing. Bouncing Babies is a program that includes story time, games, social interactions, and even a small puppet show, and is hosted at various libraries across Greenville county at least once a week. How cool is that, mamas?

Braxton and his little gal pal, Liana, sat in front of their mommies as the program began, dressed as Charlie Brown and Cinderella. Braxton wasn't so sure about it at first, evidenced by his crying + climbing on top of me, and I immediately thought, "Oh boy, I wonder if he is going to be shy like his daddy." After a few minutes, however, he looked up at me, grinned, crawled out of my lap, and quickly made his way to the front of the pack. It was SO cute, y'all. From that moment on, he was all over the place, especially when the toys came out. Liana was content to sit and play with what was around her, preferring her shoes (ahem, I mean, glass slippers) over everything, and she kept making me giggle every time she gave me that precious gummy grin. Braxton, on the other hand, was too busy to even look at me much less smile for the camera. Nevertheless, this mama was so proud watching her big boy do his own thing!

Greenville County Library System, you're so awesome that it's spooky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...