Thursday, April 5, 2018

glassy mountain | four bargerons.

It's spring break, and we've been busy making up for lost family time this week! We love having Teesh home with us, and we've had a good balance of rest and adventure since his little break began. We've walked around the neighborhood, played in the backyard, snuggled up on the couch to watch movies, and more -- and I always find myself wishing that these days would last and last.

On Tuesday, we ventured up to Flat Rock, NC to hike to the top of Glassy Mountain. We stopped by to visit the goats before departing on the trail, and we made good time round-trip considering that Braxton walked the whole thing on his own two feet. Yes, there was whining and multiple moments when he begged to be picked up, but he did SO good for the most part. We were so proud of him! This trail isn't terribly difficult, but there is a steady incline to the top -- which is what makes our three year-old conquering it such a big deal. Bethany, also, had a couple screaming fests, but was content as could be when she finally stopped fighting sleep and nestled into my chest.

We ate our homemade peanut butter (well, almond butter for me) and honey sandwiches and drank our water while looking out over miles of budding trees. Hikes with great views are my most favorite, and this one is definitely one of the top contenders in our area. This was, also, the first trail Braxton and I did without Teesh when he was just eight months old, so it was fun to introduce Daddy to a new place. We didn't stop in at the local bakery in Flat Rock because we were still full from lunch, but I wished that we would have as soon as we got home. That just means we'll have to go back again soon!

I love it when the world begins to transform into spring after a winter of bareness, and we got to see lots of new buds while we trekked. As the next few weeks pass, more green will begin to pop into focus, and I can hardly wait! We'll be doing lots of hiking this month, Lord willing, as we embrace the Hike It Baby 30 Challenge, and I'll be reminded all month long why green is my favorite color.

There are no others I'd rather chase the world with than my three.

And for us, simple will always be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...