Saturday, April 28, 2018

yellow branch falls | hike it baby.

This week, we chased another waterfall with our friends! TJ and I hiked this trail for the first time back in 2012, with my sister and brother in tow, when we were just a couple of giddy-eyed newlyweds. Since then, we've taken Braxton a couple of times and now even the littlest Bargeron explorer has added this particular trail to her resume. This was Bethany's second hike in the frame carrier, and she hummed in my ear the whole way to the falls and slept the whole way back. Braxton hiked the whole trail on his own two feet, aside from a few stream crossings where I carried him over, and I was so proud. This trail is rated moderate for length (3.5 miles) combined with terrain, and my three year-old proved himself to be a professional hiker this day. Amazing!

The falls were MASSIVE because of all the rain over the previous few days -- I had never seen them so full and strong. It was absolutely beautiful! Annnnnd slightly terrifying to get me and two kiddos across the slippery rocks peeking out of the rushing water to our snack/rest spot. You know it's a good adventure when your shoes and socks are soaked and you remind yourself that you'll live through this as you blaze forward across said rocks. HA! This trail always brings some sort of unexpected story to tell, and I've tucked several away into my heart and mind from this time. The good news -- there was no blood shed like last time. Thank you, Jesus!

We're two days away from the end of our Hike It Baby 30 challenge, and this was the hike that pushed us passed our goal. So exciting! I'll share more on this in a couple of days, but here's a spoiler alert: I'm proud as can be!

When is the last time you got your feet wet, friend? When is the last time you did something that scared you?

I promise that when you do, it'll be exhilarating!

You may even be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...