Friday, April 27, 2018

little bradley falls | hike it baby.

We've now been to Little Bradley Falls three times (if I counted right, that is), and this time was extra fun because we had an extra person with us -- Bethany! A couple of weeks ago, we made the trek north to this gorgeous spot that's really more like an obstacle course than a trail with our Hike it Baby friends. This was the first time Braxton walked it on his own two feet, and I learned a lesson this day: it's way easier to hike and climb rock quarries and cross knee-deep streams with kiddos on your back than walking beside you. All those miles I logged before having two kids were easy compared to now having one on my back and the other to my side (or, more than likely, running ahead of me). It definitely takes adventure to a whole new level! In both good and stressful ways.

This was the hike that I decided would be Bethany's last chest-facing in the soft carrier, because she nearly made me kill over with all the screaming she did in my face. When she's asleep, she's so angelic -- but when she's not sleeping, she's much more like the Hulk than an angel. I don't blame her, though, because I like to see the world around me, too. And spoiler alert: she's been SO much happier since transitioning to the framed carrier. Praise hands!

This particular day on the trail was beautiful and sunny, and we had such a great group trekking together. I made a couple new friends and got to reconnect with some who I hadn't seen in months, which is always so good for my soul. I've done so much hibernating since Bethany was born, and it is giving me LIFE to be back out in the world. I thrive best when I'm surrounded by people, and that's one of the things I love so much about our little HiB community -- being with other mamas who enjoy being outside as much as I do.

I know I'll blink and Bethany will be splashing in the water the next time we adventure here. Heck, I can still vividly remember the first time we hiked to this falls, just Braxton and me, and he was just barely starting to crawl. Time waits for no one, which is a big reason I try to be so intentional about making the most this season of being home with my babies.

They won't be babies forever, and I'm on the clock...so adventure we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...