Thursday, March 11, 2010

the big 2-3!


I woke up around 7:30 this morning so we could shower and get ready for….VENUE TRAINING! But the first thing that ran through my mind was “HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANNIE REE!!!!!!!!!!!” My girl turned 23 today, which is most definitely the best age. Ever. I was also super sad that I couldn’t be with her on her big day! Booooo! Nevertheless, I proudly put on a Clemson t-shirt, grabbed a French vanilla cappuccino at Tim Horton’s (also known as Horton Hears a Who, a nickname given by yours truly), and caught the 44 bus to UBC! That bus was the JAM!! It looked like a humongous accordion, and I was obsessed. Who knew that would happen?


We got off the bus around 9 o’clock, and searched for where we were supposed to go for about 30 minutes. Gotta love an adventure, especially when it’s freezing and there’s snow on the ground. We finally made it to our destination, got our accreditation badges checked, and took a seat in the training room to wait for it to begin. Our tour guides (also the managers of Vanoc-Vancouver Olympic Committee) heard our story of how we came from Clemson, and they told us we would be featured in a newsletter at some point during the week. Sweet!

Training lasted from 10 to 1, and then they fed us a yummy lunch! I had rice and chicken, pita bread and chili, and a banana with a bottle of Dasani to drink. Random combination, I know…but it was the bomb! The break room overlooks the practice rink, as well, and we were able to watch both the Canada and USA sledge hockey teams practice! That was probably the coolest part of the whole day!

After we got back to the hostel, Kerri, Christine, and I sat down to write our treacherous literature review for 409. Nothing like a stupid paper to kill a good mood. Christine and I took about an hour break to go eat with everyone at a Greek restaurant called Stepho’s. I had a chicken pita with fries, and it was SO GOOD! I felt like a fatty, because John, a guy in our class, ordered the same meal as I did and I ate like twice as much as he did. That is another example of how much I miss Teeesh…I always know that whenever I eat with him, I’ll never feel fat because no matter how hard I try, I can NEVER eat as much as him! :-P

We stopped by the grocery store after dinner to pick up a candle for the room and a Diet Coke for Kerri, and then it was back to the books. I was slightly distracted by basketball, I must admit. Three hours later though, around midnight, I put the finishing touches on my paper and submitted that bad boy. I honestly can’t remember a time when I felt more relieved in my whole life! I have a feeling I’m going to sleep WONDERFUL tonight. At least I hope so because…tomorrow is our first day of work!!!! I’ll be decked out in all blue, and I. Can’t. WAIT!

That’s all for now, ladies and gentlemen. My eyes are currently closing as I type this. Goooooodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...