Wednesday, March 17, 2010

oh, what a beautiful moooorning.


Sleeping in this morning was UH-MAY-ZING! But you know what’s sad? I now refer waking up at 7:15 a.m. as “sleeping in.” Whew, never thought that day would ever come. Nevertheless, I hopped up and got in a quick shower. Then we were off to UBC by 8 a.m. The official motto for this trip: the early bird gets the worm! :)

It was such a beautiful day outside today! I was really excited when my team was assigned to be outside greeting the spectators, because it was just one of those perfect days where you don’t want to be cooped up inside. Being outside also meant that I was one of the first faces that people saw as they were arriving at the game, meaning that my cheeks were hurting from smiling so much! But honestly…what’s new? I’ve gotten to the point where I smile so much that it hurts more NOT to smile. Strange, but I kind of like it! I was also super excited because Alex and I were in the same group today. I love that girl so much, especially her uncontrollable SNORTS every time she laughs. CLASSIC!

Wanna know what else being stationed outside meant for me? I didn’t get hassled by all my boyfriends. And THAT right there was enough to make any day a good one! I saw James for like 20 seconds when he was first arriving to the venue, and I ate lunch with Cal. Not so bad. I’ll definitely take it! Maybe I’m just yesterday’s news now-especially since I heard from several sources that Amir has been flirting with all the ladies. Man, what a keeper. Also, while I was at lunch, Kerri and Julia came to join in on my date. Big props go out to Julia for deliberately asking me about TJ while we were sitting there! That should make you feel MUCH better, Teeesh! :)

Our shift ended early today, which is ALWAYS refreshing! When we got back to the hostel, Kerri, Christine, and I decided to take a walk to (and through) Stanley Park. Lucky for us, Julia and Skye came, too! We walked to the totem poles and took pictures of virtually everything we passed. Déjà vu? Why yes, yes indeed. It was the PERFECT afternoon for a stroll through the park. The sun was shining and the company was the bomb! Skye even showed us his romantic side when I was asking 20 questions about him and his wife. They are precious! And he’s a sucker for romance…don’t let him fool you! ; )

When we stumbled across a playground, we saw it as a necessity to jump in and PLAY! We were behaving (of course) while we slid down slides, played on the fire truck, and swung on the swings. And then, all of a sudden, all of us heard a huge thud. Julia was lying on the ground on her back laughing harder than I’ve ever heard her laugh before, with Christine laughing (to the point of tears) along right beside her. What happened? Oh, Julia just flipped the entire swing upside down and nearly killed herself. No big deal, right? Only because Julia is a BEAST and can take it!

We stopped in a restaurant called Checkers once we made it back to Davie Street and grabbed a bite to eat, walked back toward the hostel, and then got CUPCAKES! Mmmmm! I had a caramel one (just like Skye, because our taste buds are the best) and it was so yummy! We decided that all that walking needed to be rewarded…so we added all those calories back into our systems as quickly as possible. Fact: instead of toasting beer for St. Patty’s Day, we toasted our cupcakes!

Side note: one of the FUNNIEST parts of the day was when we were just leaving dinner and we passed a homeless man on the sidewalk. When he noticed that Skye was walking around with four girls, he said,”Sweet man, you’re way better off than I am.” We waited a few seconds before we started CRACKING UP, but it was so hard to do! You never know what’s going to be shouted at you while you’re walking the streets of a big city.

I can’t believe we only have three more work days left and four days overall left to be here! Time is FLYING by, and I feel like we just got here yesterday. I will be SO excited to be home and see my family and friends, but I’m really going to miss this place and the new friends I have made. I feel like I’m getting ready to leave summer camp, and that was always so sad! Everyone here is SO nice, and I have been SO blessed to have met so many incredible people in such a small amount of time. Saturday will be so bittersweet, and I’m already dreading all the goodbyes!

Welp, that’s all for now, folks. Sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...