Tuesday, March 27, 2012

brudder.

Meet my not-so-little brother.


I can remember being an excited four year-old whose mommy dressed her in a blue "I'm a big sister!" t-shirt so she could meet a little guy named Dustin Michael. It's hard to believe that it's almost been two decades since my first memory of him, but I'm so thankful that it wasn't my last. I hope ten more decades pass before I have my last memory of him, and then some.

Dusty, my prayer for you this year is that you keep learning how beautiful life can be if you simply choose to see it as so. Don't let all the bad things that may come your way steal your laughter and rob you of the incredible man you have become over the past several years. Even when you make mistakes, I'm still proud of you, because I believe with all my heart that one day you'll be thankful they no longer rule your life. My love and prayers go with you wherever you go, and I hope with all my might that you feel every bit of it with each rising of the sun. There will never be a day when I'm not on your side, baby brother. I love you more than you could ever, ever, ever imagine.

happy nineteenth, handsome!

"After a girl is grown, her little brothers - now her protectors - seem like big brothers."
-Astrid Alauda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...