Sunday, March 11, 2012

cannie ree.

A couple days before Teesh and I started dating in ninth grade, his big sister smiled at me as she passed me in the stairwell, grabbed my hand, and bluntly said "Has my brother asked you out yet? He's been chickening out for days, and I'm about to ask you for him!" That's when I fell in love with her, and since then, she's been one of the absolute most important people in my life. I mean, how can you not love someone who likes you enough to let you date her brother?

I had no idea that when I snagged Teesh as a boyfriend I would get a package deal and snag two more sisters along with him. She's always been on my side, through rough patch and every sunny day, and I don't think she has any idea just how much she means to me. That's okay, though, because I don't mind reminding her every day. :)

Happy birthday to my big sister, Candice Marie!


Cannie Ree, you've been my big sister for eight years, and I've thanked the Lord for that incredible blessing every day since I met you. You and that cute little squirt of yours mean the world to Teesh and me, and we both are  praying that this next year is filled with more laughter and smiles and good things falling into place than any other year has. Believe that your life is wonderful, and it will be so. Never, ever forget that. I love you, sis!

"The best thing about having a sister [is] that I always [have] a friend."
-Cali Rae Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...