Monday, December 3, 2012

fredliene.

Meet the little girl who stole our heart a little over a year ago when we first looked at her face in a picture. Now, after meeting her face-to-face and hearing her voice and letting her jump on Teesh's back and braid my hair, our hearts are completely gone. She was born on July 16, 2003, which is also the day we were married eight years later. That's how we knew she was our girl--that day has always been our most favorite, and she only adds to the joy and thankfulness we feel and express when it finally comes back around again. I could go on and on about how sweet and silly and giggly and loving she was during our seven-day stay with her, and it still wouldn't adequately express just how much of a blessing from the Lord she is. He broke the mold when he created this little lady, and I thank Him every single day for her sweet life and our deep love for her.

Hugging her for the first time was beyond anything I can put into words. It came after our eyes initially locked and she ran away from me, back in the direction she came from. Confused and heartbroken, I was so bummed--that was totally not how I saw our formal introduction happen in my mind. A few minutes later, however, my heart experienced more joy than it knew what to do with as she came running back down the stairs with every letter and picture we've sent to her over the past year. My eyes filled with crocodile tears, and I squeezed her with all my might as they trickled down my cheeks. It. Was. Beautiful. There is no way she knows just how much she blew me away in that moment, and that feeling is one I hope and pray I never, ever forget. Just as we knew her, she knew us. Incredible.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is our angel on earth, Fredliene.


"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart."
-1 Peter 1:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...