Sunday, December 2, 2012

my favorite memory.

Lots of people have asked me lots of questions. One of the first ones they always ask is what my favorite part of our visit in Haiti was. That's a tough one, because I've got so many favorite memories from those short seven days. There is one thing, in particular, that I know will stay in my heart and mind longer than all the others: watching all the little kiddos cling to Teesh and refuse to leave his side the entire week. I got to live out one of the Lord's promises with my husband, and it was the best thing I can ever remember being a part of. Ever, ever, ever. Seven years ago, my gracious Jesus blessed me with a burden. Never did I ever think it would be so wonderfully perfect to get to live in that moment and watch so much joy and love pour out of my sweet Teesh. To say it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen wouldn't even be scratching the surface of just how much love I felt welling up in my very core as I watched them hang from his arms and wrap their legs around his. The faithfulness and sovereignty of our Jesus Christ makes me want to scream and shout from the tallest mountain; it absolutely blows me away.

How blessed are we to have fallen in love with so many children on account of His great love for us!


"See what great love the father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did now know Him."
-1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...