Saturday, December 1, 2012

those precious faces.

The best part of our trip to Hope Vision Ministry was the reason we felt the Lord drawing us to Haiti in the first place--those precious faces, of course. Have you ever seen such beautiful eyes and heart-wrenching smiles? I can assure you that the Bargerons were smitten with each giggle and glance in our direction. They caused both of our hearts to explode with uncontrollable giddiness, and our hearts are still soaring higher than the clouds even now when we recall their dimply cheeks. I could have just sat and watched them forever. They didn't need fancy toys to keep themselves occupied; they kept themselves entertained quite easily, sometimes even by wrestling each other in the rocks and dirt. :o) Over the course of the week, I laughed so hard my stomach hurt more times than I could count, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss listening to their cute little chuckles while I tickled their teeny tiny bellies. It is our prayer, only eight days since leaving, that the Lord would take us back to them soon and very soon.


"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows."
-James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...