Saturday, August 16, 2014

beachin' it.

For two whole days this week, I got to have uninterrupted + much-appreciated time to simply relax. Since last Friday was my last day of summer school, marking the beginning of my three-week summer before fall classes begin, Dustin + I made the little trek that I've known by heart since I was a little girl to Ocean Lakes Family Campground at Myrtle Beach to spend some time with our grandparents. We lounged good + ate good + enjoyed good company for those few days, and I loved every single minute of it. The weather was pretty much as close to perfect as it gets, too, which made for lots of extra-thankfulness to abound.

My favorite part of my whole time there was finding out that Baby B loves the beach just as much as Mama B does. How do I know that, you ask? Well, our little trip brought out the squirmy side of him/her! Our new name B during this stage of pregnancy is now Thumper, because ever since we went out onto the beach, he/she hasn't stopped moving. Even as teeny tiny as B is, I feel our sweet thing rockin' + rollin' constantly. Heavenly!

I would've loved to have had my toes in the sand forever + ever, but those two mornings + afternoons were so good for my body + my soul + my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...