Tuesday, October 12, 2010

there is a tide in the affairs of men.

 sweet name for a company, huh?
 hellooooooo RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL!
 heck to the yes.

 all the characters were exactly the same, including this fairy and her sporadic drawings in the sand.
 when I saw something that I couldn't afford, I just took pictures. exhibit a.
 turkey leg, oh, turkey leg. how I love thee.
 beautiful afternoon for a jousting tournament, wouldn't you say?
brother/sister bonding at its finest. deeeeeelish.
 gotta love some jousting.
 can I live here? pretty please?
 I do love a schedule.
 yay for being 21 and getting to chaperone Freeman's school trip to one of my favorite memories from high school.
 I "chaperoned" these fellas. pretty sure I looked like a pimp.
 I wanted EVERY single one of these bird houses. O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D.
once again, I couldn't afford these $25 umbrellas so I snapped a picture to remember how much I loved them.
do you see that, P. Sawyer? This BLEW. MY. MIND. all the more reason for us to go together and dress up! let's get to planning. now!

YAY! for having a little brother who enjoys my company. YAY! for him inviting me to join him and his class on a field trip. YAY! for two-hour bus rides in chartered buses. YAY! for watching Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third to Davidson, NC and back. YAY! for Freeman's friends being so much fun to hang out with. YAY! for me not having to be in high school anymore (when did teenagers become so mean and unfriendly?). YAY! for the Renaissance Era happening and giving us 21st century folks something to celebrate. YAY! for ginormous turkey legs. YAY! for adding hundreds of more memories to my life all in one day. And...(drum roll please)...YAY! for me coming back from such an awesome trip to find out that I have a JOB!

Best day ever? It's a good possibility. Boy, am I blessed. I hope I never ever forget it. :)

2 comments:

  1. uhhhhh PERFECT! I clearly already have the vocabulary down! When are we going to pick out our outfits? Haha I love it! I really wish Greer had done cool field trips like this. Heck, they stopped doing field trips after my freshman year.

    Ps I really like the license plate birdhouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congratulations on the job! They are SO lucky to have you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...