Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am thankful.

for seeing Angie in this sweatshirt during rival week. this helped ease the loss more than she knows.

for this precious family. there aren't many people I love more than the Thorntons. :)

for my daddy and his hopeless sense of fashion.

for family time that seems to happen less and less as you get older.

for my silly uncle who make me laugh and loves me more than most.

for my baby sister and best friend who is the peanut to my butter.

for late-night runs to Hillcrest hospital to feed Jessica. aaaaaaaand for footie pajamas and all the happiness they bring.

for shopping til we drop on Black Friday.
for my best friend not bestie and the past five years of her being there for me through thick and thin.

for great friends and great fellowship.

for a handsome boy I can always be silly with.

for my precious Cait Cait who I am certain will be by my side until I die.

for Nick stealing such an incredible girl's heart so I could have a reeeeeally great friend.

for my main squeeze, the one and only, David Brooks.

for high school friends who have become more like family.

for seeing Steve Spurrier in orange.

for being raised in the south and, therefore, most comfortable in cowboy boots.

for running into middle school friends soon-to-be brides, both in the same. I can't wait for your big day, Sambug!

for the feeling I get every single time I step into this stadium. goodness, I love this place.

for night games and cold weather and staying warm by cuddling with a tall, handsome fella.

for getting our tree all ready for Santa Claus.

for Christmas stocking ready and waiting to be stuffed.

for camera effects that keep Will and I occupied for hours and laugh until we cry.

for my favorite Christmas movie, The Polar Express, which is also set up underneath our tree.

I could go on and on with all the things that I am thankful for, but we would be here 'til kingdom come before I finished. I am thankful for fall weather and colorful leaves and wonderful friends and lazy days and smiling faces and true love and freedom and clean sheets and football and sweet tea and waking up every morning with a chance to start over again and hope and being surprised and eating sweet treats and my incredible family that was made just for me and so many other things. More than anything, though, I am thankful that I get to live on this earth with one sole purpose: to love Jesus with everything inside of me. Because when I love Jesus like I've been called to, I always love everything else in my life and in this world exponentially more than I do when I don't.

I hope I never forget to be thankful for all of the blessings I've been given. There is no doubt that I have way more than I deserve.

"But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you. May those who long for your saving help always say, 'The Lord is great!" -Psalm 70:4

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer." -1 Timothy 4:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...