Tuesday, November 30, 2010

one must have a mind of winter.

Fall is fading and winter is quickly approaching. It blows my mind to think that 2010 is almost over. So many wonderful and life-changing things have happened to me this year, all of which make me that much more excited for the blessings that 2011 is sure to bring.

November is my second favorite month, and I am so sad to see it come and go so fast. Over these past thirty days, I have settled into my first full-time job, celebrated the life of three of the most important people in my life, struggled with self-doubt and uncertainty, watched all the leaves turn from green to orange to red to brown, ate more food in a single day than I ever thought was possible [and reminisce about how I say the same thing every year], spent countless hours planning the day I become Mrs. Troy Jerome Bargeron, been surprised by some of my sweet friends on different occasions, and done so many other things that brought smiles to my face and tears to my eyes. November, you've been so good to me.

Since I mentioned that November was my second favorite month, I'm sure you're wondering [or maybe you're not] what's at the tip top of my list. Welp, that's an easy one. It's more special to me than any other month of the whole year, including my birthday month, which is quite impressive. Oh, December, you are by far the best. You bring inspiration and hope and wonder and endless amounts of giving and you prepare us for new beginnings. I love December for so many reasons, but my very favorite reason is simply the togetherness it brings. Cozied up on the couch watching Christmas movies, admiring the beautifully decorated tree, the glow given off by all the lights, the presents hidden in closets and under the bed until it's time to wrap them and place them under the tree, spending money that you may or may not have just to make sure all the people you love have smiles on their faces, listening to Christmas music all month long with no exceptions, driving around town just to admire all the beautifully lit houses. I just love it all. Every single thing about it, freezing temperatures and all.

So to you, November, I say thank you for your brilliant colors, your chilly air, and for giving me the opportunity to break out my pea coats for the first time since February. And to you, December, I welcome you with a big heart and two long arms open wide. I even chose you to be the one to host my very first bridal shower. Now do you believe me that you're my favorite? :)

"At Christmas I no more desire a rose than wish a snow in May’s new-fangled mirth;  but like of each thing that in season grows."
-William Shakespeare

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope, the spirit of Christmas which is peace, and the heart of Christmas which is love."
-Ada V. Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...