Sunday, November 7, 2010

two months and three days later.

So we took a little break on wedding planning for a few weeks. Because we aren't excited about it anymore? Absolutely positively not! I mean we're still 8 months and 9 days away from the big day (not that I'm still counting or anything), and if we don't take breaks for several weeks at a time, there will be absolutely nothing left to do for the last few months of the engagement. To say that I am extremely proactive about this season in my life doesn't even begin to accurately explain the reality of it.


I am a planner to the very core, and these past two months (and three days) have been filled with day dreams of how wonderful and blessed our life together is going to be, gazes at my beautiful diamond (I mean, seriously--it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!), constant thoughts about how to make things fun and timeless on the big day, and the list goes onnnnn and onnnnnn. I'm totally not being dramatic when I say that I wish my wedding was YESTERDAY! I can't wait to be Mrs. Troy Jerome Bargeron. :)


This weekend, we started up with the planning again. Lucky for us (and my incredible gift to decide on things at the drop of a hat), we knocked out A LOT in just two days. Yesterday, Shannon and I went to Commerce for some [window] shopping, and we found three ceramic birds that match the other birds we're using as inspirations for the reception. The best part? They were on sale! You're welcome, daddy. ;) After Commerce, we stopped by Old Time Pottery to look around and ended up buying most of the decorations for the reception. YAY! We got the lanterns and clear jugs for the table decorations, meaning that the only other containers we need are the blue pots for the floral decoration tables. We also got the twigs to go in the jugs and the candle holder that we're going to use for the lighting of the unity candle. SO exciting! I also made the first purchase for our future home together: a tea set that will serve as the inspiration of our kitchen. Our very own Mrs. Potts. Are you surprised? You should be if you know me at all! It is SO cute!


And as if that wasn't enough to make me jump up and down repeatedly, Melanie (my wonderful MOH and baby sister) and I worked all afternoon on planning my very first bridal shower...a Christmas shower! We bought some goodies at the store for it, made the guest list, talked to Nana and got the OK to have it at her house, planned the menu, and started working on the invitations. Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. My heart is SO full of uncontrollable joy right night that I can barely sit still long enough to write these words! I'm so blessed to a sister and a best friend who are one in the same. So so SO blessed. She and I are complete opposites (complete and total opposites, to clarify), but I honestly don't know if I could live life without her. That's a bold statement, I realize, but it's the honest to goodness truth. Aside from Teesh, no one in this whole world knows me better than she does (and she even knows some secrets that Teesh won't ever know, but keep that one on the hush hush!).


I never imagined that planning a wedding would be so unbelievably fun. I always knew it would be out of this world with how great it would be, but I never thought it would be this incredible! I just keep thinking that if planning my days leading up to the big day is this mind-blowing, I can't even imagine how life will be afterwards. I can't wait to be married to the most genuine, honest, loyal, passionate fireball of a man in all the earth. It's going to be an adventure every single day. I guess it's a good thing that Adventure is my middle name, huh?


"They gave each other a smile with a future in it." -Ring Lardner

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...