Tuesday, February 8, 2011

tickle me pink.

I love to laugh. Honestly, it's probably one of my favorite things in the whole wide world to do. I get strange looks from people I'm stopped beside at red lights. I get strange looks from people at the grocery store. Pshhh, I even get strange looks from my best friends. That's because most of the time when I'm laughing, no one has a clue as to why I am. Yes, I'm the girl that busts out laughing for no reason. At all. And in case you were wondering, I am proud to be that girl. The girl who laughs at absolutely nothing.

Then there are times where moments are just too funny not to laugh. The times when people are actually laughing with me [or is it at me?]. The sound of laughter is one of the most wonderful sounds that God created. I think I love it so much because everyone's is different. It's unique to them. It only belongs to them. In a wacky sort of way, I think the sound of someone laughing call tell a lot about who they are. You've got the snorters and the gigglers and the knee-slappers and the ones who desperately gasp for air and the cacklers and the [insert random cough] into the mix-ers.All sorts of laughs. From all sorts of people.

My laughter changes depending on how funny something is. All of the types of laughs I just mentioned above, I've been guilty of. But, overall, I'd consider myself more of a giggle-with-a-side-of-major-cheese laugher. Occasional snort. Okay, more than occasional. Just not frequently. [or is it?]

Since I like to laugh, I catch myself looking at old pictures just so I can have a reason to relive a sweet memory and chuckle a little bit, both at the same time.

I found these pictures tonight, and you can bet your hard-earned dollar that every one of them gave me the perfect opportunity to snicker to myself. A lot. It's crazy to me how just a few minutes of a person's life can still be so vivid in their mind, even years later.

This was the time I hijacked Teesh's hair while we were on vacation at the beach with my mommy.

It. Was. Awesome.


That was my happy memory for the day. What's yours?

"Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose."
-The Wonder Years

1 comment:

  1. i literally just DIED laughing....

    you weren't kidding.

    LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...