Saturday, February 12, 2011

a whole afternoon all to ourselves.

I don't think I'll ever get to the point where I think I spend too much time with Teesh. I mean that. Everyone always says that the day will come [probably sooner rather than later] when we will get sick of quality time. Truth be told, I think they're CRAZY, because there is nothing that I'd rather do than spend every afternoon with my fancy [who, by the way, will have the name HUSBAND in only 154 days. EEEEEK!]. Days like today are rare for us, and they have been since I left Clemson, so I make sure I savor every single moment we have together.

Today we took a day trip up to Asheville and toured the Biltmore House for the second time. It was windy and sunny and crowded and my feet hurt when it was all said and done and we had several surprises and we laughed and we got weird stares from people while we laughed and it was perfect. Just perfect.

Brulian? Is that you? Oh wait, no, those are the Scotts. My bad.

totally enchanting.

 and totally handsome.

 I hope I have a cute little garden in my backyard one day & get to have quaint little outdoor furniture like this.

 my, what big ears you have.

 self-portraits are like second nature to us by now.

there's just something about a greenhouse that makes a surge of excitement take over my body.

 he.

loooooooooves.

 ME! sorry ladies.

 imagine this view during the fall when all the leaves are brilliantly colored. wowzers.

 and, again I say, enchanting. those Vanderbilts sure had [have] it made.

 sweet Jenna and her boyfriend were right in front of us during the tour, so we got to hang out with them for a while. it was a wonderful surprise!

and THEN, shortly after, we ran into Steven and Laura! it was definitely our lucky day!

us Phillips girls know how to snag some pretty incredible men. you're looking at two of the best ones the good Lord ever made! :o)

Maybe the next time we visit this beautiful stretch of land, Teesh will feel a bit romantic and insist we stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. Because by then we'll be married and be able to have sleepovers every night, wherever we want. YAY! It's going to be pretty cool to be a grown up, I just know it.

"An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love, and union with the world around us."

-Thomas Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...