Monday, September 9, 2013

ten.

September 9th, 2003.

I'll neverever forget that day for as long as I live. I kept getting this sneaky, nervous glances from this handsomeblonde-haired boy who knew I liked him. I thought he liked me, too, but who can ever be sure with boys? At the end of the day, I changed clothes in the locker room to get ready for cheerleading practice (sidenote: isn't that hilarious?), and this same boy ran after me down the hall as I hurried about my way. He made small talk for a few seconds before finally (after almost passing out, I'm pretty sure) looking at me and saying these precious words that made my heart cut flips: "So you know I like you. And, uh, I was just, uh, wondering if you wanted to go out...with me. Like as my, uh....girlfriend?" I said yes (probably too fast and too excitedly, but who cares), and the rest is history.

Ten years. Full of butterfliesside-hugsfirst kisses, late-night phone calls, dates with our parents driving us, carpooling to and from school, breakups that nearly killed us both, forgivenessadventuresthrowing things in a moment of anger, baseball games, holding handsengagementsmarriage, more sporting events than I can begin to count, and a whole lot of loveTen years is a long time to make memories, but I look forward to the next sixty being side-by-side facing all life gives us together. I don't think there's ever been a better team than us, and I am so blessed to be the one he points to and simply says, "This is my wife."


"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be, also."
-Matthew 6:21

1 comment:

  1. I just cried! So happy I get a front row seat to yalls love. And I'm still looking for my love like this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...