Thursday, February 12, 2015

braxton michael | brand new + one month.

It has been one month since Braxton Michael Bargeron decided that he was ready to make his grand entrance into the world. It was so much fun to anticipate his arrival for so long, but it is exponentially more fun now that he's here. A very small part of me wants to be sad that just in two weeks time he already fills out this onesie so much more than he did for our first little photoshoot, but the majority of me rejoices over getting to watch him grow bigger + stronger right before my very eyes. I am certainly not going to ever wish time away (well, maaaaybe with the exception of middle school), and I will always be there to make a big deal out of all the little things. I'm still keeping my camera at arm's length, and those smiles I get, especially in the mornings, are the brightest spots of my days.

He was just two weeks old here, freshly home from the hospital:

And now he is one month old with the cutest little cheeks + personality:
This past month has been one wild ride, and you have been the star of the show! You eat about every three hours, and you are quite the little chugger. I have to stop you several times so you can take a break + to make sure you don't eat so fast that your tummy gets upset. You may only be a month old, but your gas is already louder + stronger than your daddy's; we constantly find ourselves laughing at what comes out of you! You are, also, very alert + talkative throughout the day. During our play time, you look at whatever is around you, and you especially like to stare at lights + all the pictures on the wall in front of you when you lay on my lap on the couch. When you look around, I look at you and wonder what you're thinking about + learning. I loved praying for you before you were here, but my prayers for you have kicked into an even higher gear now that I can hold you in my arms + tickle your toes + rub your belly + hold your hand. Your smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and when you laugh...swoon! You love to make noises, and we call you our little dinosaur because that's what your little sounds remind us of. Your chirps + grunts make me think you're going to be a social butterfly like mommy, and daddy says that's just fine with that. We recently tried out our Ergo wrap for the first time, and I was just wondering...do you think you'll still want to be that close to me when you're seventeen? Okay, that may be a little dramatic, but I absolutely love having you so near + hearing your sleepy breaths up against my chest. Never have I ever loved someone the way I love you. I hope you don't get tired of me telling you that every day for the rest of your life, because even if you do, I'm still going to say it. I can't wait to watch you keep growing this next month so I will have more room to cover you in kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...