Friday, February 6, 2015

going home.


Looking at my husband in the rear view mirror in front of me + my baby boy snuggled up in his car seat to my right was one of the best moments I've ever known. There has never been a car ride I've loved more than that one, and I don't know if there will ever be another one that will take its place. The ten days we spent in the hospital felt more like ten years, and as I breathed in my first breath of fresh air since we entered the hospital on the morning we were admitted, I was breathing in so much more than just air. I was breathing in a whole new life, one that I had no doubt would be exponentially better than the one I knew before. And only sixteen days later, this realization has proved to be true every second since. Our little family of three may not look like much, but to me, it is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...