Friday, August 27, 2010

epic (adj): very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary.

Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. Epic. That was our day. Everything about it was so incredibly EPIC that I literally just pinched myself to make sure I am really here. It'll be impossible for me to get it all out in words, but I'm going to do my veeeery best. Ready....GO!

So we woke up early again this morning, ate our yummy continental breakfast (no waffle for me, bleck!), and headed over to the bridge in hopes to catch some filming. We saw Sophia and Joy get into their vans and be taken to the other side of the bridge, but didn't get a chance to meet them--those little sneaky snakes were gone before we even noticed. We did, however, meet quite a few fans who were super nice, which is sometimes a rare commodity. There were five exceptions, but that's another story that isn't even worth thinking about, much less telling. Us girls can be so fickle and unpleasant sometimes!
what would I do without my P. Sawyer?
Once we realized that Joy and Sophia were gone, we immediately went to Clothes Over Bros for the filming of the next few scenes. Five hours in the blistering heat with little to no shade was quite the test of patience and determination. Good thing we had our Dale, Jr. chairs set up with a perfect view of the entrance and exit of the actors, a super fun group of girls to pass the time with, Port City Java to keep us energized, and (my favorite part!) RUSSELL occasionally popping in to chat for a while. He remembered us from December when we came, which absolutely MADE my day, because we seriously talk about him all the time! He sat down in P. Sawyer's chair and we chatted about racing (and my love for Kasey) for a while. We even took our relationship to the next level: he gave me his number so we would know exactly what's going on the next time we come for filming. YIPPEEEEEEE! Wait, it gets better...he slipped me his call sheet while none of the other girls were looking, too! DOUBLE YIPPEEEEEE! I am SO excited to have this call sheet because JAMES is the director of this episode (8.05), which is another reason why this trip is so epic!
love me some RUSSELL! andddd some NASCAR!
So five hours pass, and the only action we've seen so far is Joy and Sophia inside the van. And THEN out walk James, Austin, and Sophia! James and Austin waved to the crowd but immediately hopped in the van, but sweet Sophia didn't hesitate to come over to take pictures and sign autographs. I. Love. Her. Seriously! She was SO sweet and probably one of the most beautiful human beings on the planet. I definitely have a new woman crush. Don't judge me. I even brought the excited face back for my picture with her...you know, I didn't want to disappoint ya'll since I didn't do it with James, which still amazes me, by the way. Nevertheless, P. Sawyer and I got our pictures and went about our way with the biggest smiles on our faces!
she is absolutely beautiful, and I am a hot mess. nevertheless, this picture makes me SO HAPPY!
our first time seeing the door at Clothes Over Bros!
After all that action, we came back to the hotel for a little downtime. I even took me a nice, long bath. Mmmm, I love a good soakin'! We cat-napped for a couple hours, watched Soapnet, and then got ready for dinner with Lena and Maria, two of the girls we met earlier today. Lena is from Germany and Maria is from Switzerland, which is SO cool to me! I would LOVE to hide in their suitcases and let them be my tour guides for a few weeks. I'm just sayin'.

We ate dinner at The Reel Cafe, and not only did we witness a shwaaaasted old lady fall off a stool at the bar and crack her head on the cement, buttttt we also (are you ready for this?)...saw Sophia and Austin walking down the street when we were paying our bills! AHHH!!!!! All I have to say is a HUGE thank you to Jesus for blessing me with such a keen eye. I may not be the best communicator in the heat of the moment, but I can promise you that my eyes have never failed me. Attention to detail. That's me, alright! While I sat at the table waiting for the waitress to come back with our bills (no dining and dashing allowed, of course), P. Sawyer, Lena, and Maria chased after them to get their attention. I caught up with them a few minutes later and was able to get a sandwich picture between the sweet couple. Can you say HEAVEN? Because that was exaaaactly where I was! Epic. Epic. Epic. See what I mean? :-D
hey now, hey now. this is what dreeeeeams are made of.
After that AMAZING encounter, we went to The Brewery for a little while before heading back to the hotel. At this very moment, P. Sawyer and I are both completely engulfed in our documentation of this gloooooorious day. Dear whoever invented blogging--you're my favorite! :o) The only difference between me today and me when I was five is that now I broadcast my diary to the whole world instead of in my little notebook that I always kept locked. My oh my, how times have changed. For the better, of course. :)

Tomorrow, one thing is definitely for sure: WE ARE SLEEPING IN! You can bet on that one! We have been going non-stop since we got here, including waking up around sunrise each morning, and a lazy morning is exactly what we need. I am so excited, seriously.Once we get up and moving, I think we're going to try to have lunch with Adrienne and her mom. I am super excited to finally meet her! Should be another goooooooooooood day, and I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...