Sunday, August 22, 2010

here to stay. for now.

The first thing I did when I got home on Friday evening was go to dinner at Olive Garden with my best friend not bestie to celebrate her 21st birthday! I honestly don't know what I would do without this girl by my side. Still going strong since 11th grade.

"We'll be friends until forever, just you wait and see." -Winnie the Pooh

Then I went to Melly and Liz's new apartment for the very first time. We made a fort for our sleepover, and it was AWESOME. Of course, we slept in it. Well, for the most part. **cough cough LIZ cough cough** It was SUCH a breath of fresh air to see my baby sister and spend some much-needed quality time with her!

On Saturday night, I went to Clemson to celebrate Squid's 22nd birthday with some of my favorites. Dinner at Calhoun Corners is always a good thing. And I repeat, ALWAYS. I am so glad I got to hang out with my roomies for a while--I hope we make this a regular occurrence!

Today was Melly's and Whitney's birthday! YAY! Daddy and Shannon made us a gooooooooood lunch that was overflowing with all things southern: macaroni and cheese, black-eyed peas, cornbread, sweet peas, cream corn, rice, pot roast, and sweeeeeeet tea. Heaven on earth? You betcha!

She got some moooo-lah, a new grill for her Jeep, and a couple outfits from Cali that are sure to turn her into a California gurl (i.e. the awesome stunna shades pictured above).

After the celebration began to subside, it was time for me to do the inevitable: buy a new camera. Yes, it's true, Black Beauty took her last picture on Friday and is now in Cameraland (the place where all cameras go after death, of course). This is my new baby, and I am hopeful that she will be just as close to my heart as ole' Beauty was. Meet Pacey, my newest lifeline! She is named after my favorite place in California: the Pacific Wheel in Santa Monica. :o)

As much as I miss being in Cali, I will say this: ahh, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...