Sunday, May 10, 2015

my first.

This little guy has made me the most thankful, proudest, silliest, giddiest, smiliest, braggingest mama in the whole world (who doesn't care that she made up a few words in her efforts to try to adequately describe how she feels). This time last year, I was pregnant with Baby B and didn't know it yet. I have to catch my breath when I think back on that first moment I learned I would soon be called mommy, and I still have to catch it when I reflect on how rich these past (almost) four months have been since I laid eyes on my little once-dream-now-chunky-boy. I'm new at this whole mommy thing, as you well know, but I honestly feel like it's the most natural thing I've ever done. I'm not perfect, nor will I ever be, but I try my best to be whatever he needs me to be - whether it be a pillow for him to rest his wee little head, a teether to help the aches in his mouth, or a crazy white girl providing entertainment as he laughs + coos at her dance moves. His bright blue eyes stare straight into my soul every time he looks as me, and I remind myself over + over again that the more + harder I love him, the more + harder he will love others with that same passion.

 Though I may be the one being celebrated today, I am doing a little celebrating of my own - what a privilege it is to have been given the incredible responsibility to learn patience, grow in grace, become a peacemaker, and selflessly love a child. My prayer is that mothers all over the world would join together with one voice to praise the One who has blessed us who are in His care as we seek to bless those who have been placed in our care.

Happy, happy mother's day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...