Friday, July 24, 2015

cruisin' together.

TJ and I used to drive the golf cart around Ocean Lakes when we were just little high school lovebirds, and it was quite entertaining to ride on the same streets we did ten tears ago with a mini-Teejanna in tow (yes, I know everyone says that B is a "mini TJ," but I'm the mama and I say he's mine, too). We giggled a good bit as we passed young boys + girls who looked like they were more like twelve than sixteen, and we look at each other with wide eyes as if to say, "Yep, we thought we were cool back then, too." A part of me missed those days as we drove around - dreaming of growing old together as I leaned in to the tall, good-looking blonde boy who had his arm around me - but then I was reminded of reality: we are still dreaming that same dream today. It's kind of wacky to think that my life looks a lot like I used to pray that it would all those years ago, and I am so thankful that we are still cruising around together. I still think that the boy who puts his arm around me was the cutest boy in the whole campground, and now we have a boy of our own who has already started getting googly eyes from the ladies (listen up girls: he's taken by his MAMA!). So much has changed since that first golf cart ride we took together ten years ago, and yet not much has changed at all. He's still mine, I'm still his, and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...