Thursday, September 8, 2016

station cove falls | hike it baby.

We took our first trip to Station Cove Falls on Tuesday with our hiking buddies, and it was all we had hoped it would be. Three miles doesn't seem long at all when there is a gorgeous waterfall tucked in the middle our trek, and the company we adventured with was the best of the best.

It always amazes me at how beautiful Upstate South Carolina is with all of its hidden treasures tucked away behind tall trees. I've lived here my whole life, and I'm still finding new things to gawk over and stare at in amazement. It makes me so thankful to be introducing our little one to places that most adults don't even know exist.

Braxton's new favorite thing is to touch and shake the trees as we pass them, and he laughs as the leaves move above his head. Our trail buddies got to witness this new fetish in action, and we all giggled with him as he shook with all his might. It may or may not be the cutest thing ever, I'm just saying.

Our Hike it Baby 30 challenge is in full force, and we can't wait to visit more places, some old and some new, while spending as much time outside as possible. A friend of mine calls it "childhood unplugged," and I can't think of a better way to describe the way we are trying to do this whole parenting thing. One day I will show him all the pictures I took when he was just a baby, and I hope he is as proud as I am to see his hands brown from the dirt he has been digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...