Wednesday, September 14, 2016

yellow branch falls | hike it baby.

It had been about a year since we visited Yellow Branch Falls, so we did just that. This particular adventure, however, was more eventful than usual. We didn't run into any problems until we got ready to leave the falls, and that's when it happened. Braxton kicked himself over while he was sitting in the backpack, and a big, sharp rock broke his fall and the skin on his right ear. I snatched him up as quickly as I could and held him tight to my chest while he screamed as all the mamas started pitching in whatever supplies they had. Whew! I think it's safe to say that I lost about ten years off of my life expectancy in that moment. All became well, however, when I asked him where the truck was. That's all it took to dry up those tears and silence the screams, folks.

After all that drama, we began our trek back...only to find ourselves in the middle of an EMT training exercise on the trail. We waited for about half an hour before it was safe to pass, and it looked like a tornado had blown through from where the helicopter had gotten so close to the ground. Our backs were definitely feeling the weight of those thirty minutes, but we were all excited to see something like this in person.

All in all, we had a whole lot of fun!

Nope, there's no one else I'd rather be stuck on the trails or care for a hurt kiddo with besides this like-minded group. Something special happens when strangers become family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...