Thursday, September 1, 2016

twin falls | hike it baby.

Today is an exciting day, because our second Hike it Baby 30 Challenge has officially begun! We participated in our first challenge in April, and we were hooked. HOOKED! There's nothing better than competing with yourself and doing lots of exploring along the way, and it's so fun to log your miles that you otherwise wouldn't.

This challenge will be especially thrilling, because Braxton will be logging his own miles this time. That's right, people! As of last Thursday, our little hiker hiked his very first mile on a dirt trail, and this mama was SO PROUD! We revisited a trail that we had recently discovered just a couple months prior, and I toted the backpack just in case he got tired. I thought he would give out on the way back to cars, but he surprised me by trekking the whole thing with his own little legs. Did I mention how proud I was?!

It was also a nice treat to hike without an extra thirty pounds on my back, but I would be lying if I said it didn't make me slightly sad. My little sunshine is growing up, and I am SO thankful to be right beside him!
We can't wait to share our miles at the end of the month. Here's to making new discoveries and adding plenty more memories to our already-overflowing list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...