Sunday, September 19, 2010

after all, there is something about a wedding gown prettier than in any other gown in the world.

Today was the day I tried on my very first wedding dress. Douglas William Jerrold was right--I felt like the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world. The coolest part about it? Just like my very first serious boyfriend is now about to be my husband, the very first wedding dress I tried on is going to be the one I walk down the aisle in. I absolutely love that. It reassures everything that I have always believed to be true: when you know, you just know. No ifs, ands, or buts.

When I was about to put the dress on, I told my consultant that this was my first time. She got super excited, ran out of the dressing room, and came back with a veil and a pair of earrings. She pulled my hair back, fixed the veil just right, zipped up my dress, and said "We had to fix you up, girl! This only happens once!" She made this once in a lifetime experience even more special, and you better believe she got the biggest hug because of it.

Shannon started bawling the moment I stepped out of the dressing room, my eyes filled with tears, I stepped up onto the pedestal, mommy walked in and her jaw dropped, and everyone in the dressing room area stopped what they were doing to watch me twirl around in this dress. You know those scenes in movies where time literally stops and you feel the weight of every second that passes? That was my life today. And it was even better than I ever imagined it would be.

Only 299 more days until my precious Teesh gets to see it. I can't wait to see the look on his face. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...