Tuesday, September 28, 2010

patience is passion tamed.

I don't know why, but, for some reason, I just really want to be Mrs. Bargeron right now. Like at this very second and for the past, I don't know, three weeks. I think it mostly has to do with going from seeing TJ every single day for years and years and years (even if it was just for five minutes), to going three and a half months without seeing him but just for a couple of days when he came to visit, and now being 45 minutes away from him and only seeing him a couple days a week. That last part is an improvement from being on the opposite side of the country from him, but that doesn't help much when all I want to do it spend every second of every day with him. Even if we're just sitting on the couch, side by side, watching football and the only time we ever make a sound is when there is either a good or bad play. Or talking about our random thoughts. Or just laughing at each other.

I already know what my most favorite part of being married to him is going to be. It's a no-brainer. I am going to love waking up to him every morning, kissing him goodbye before we leave for work, texting each other throughout the day to find out what's for dinner, and laugh out loud when no one's around because I thought of something ridiculous he said the night before. I'm going to love everything about our marriage, even the not so great things, but the best part about being Mrs. Bargeron is going to be getting to come home to my husband every single day. I guarantee that nothing will be better than that. I can't wait to have my first bad day, walk through the door of our home, and feel instantly relieved because I have someone with me who wants to share that load. I also can't wait for when incredible things happens to me, and he's the first person I get to tell. Yep, that'll be my favorite part.

We have been engaged for 24 days now. And, to tell you the truth, these 24 days have honestly been some of the most blessed days I've ever had in my whole life. I've been blown away every single day since September 4th. Seriously...Every. Single. Day. If our engagement is barely three weeks in and we've already received this much favor from the Lord, I can only imagine how incredibly out-of-this-world our marriage is going to be. Ten months doesn't hold a candle to a lifetime, and I am confident that the Lord has some gigantic plans for us. It makes me want to shout for joy and bounce around every time I think about how I get to marry the most humble and strong man of God I've ever met. Really? Is this all just a dream? I keep thinking that I'll wake up, but I never do. Something tells me that I may never wake up and even if I do, I'll still be living the life of my dreams.  :)

Nathan: I'm not strong enough for this. Haley: Yes you are. And when you're not, you have me.

Haley: I love you. I love the person you are and your strength. Nathan: Where do you think I learned it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...