Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Zach Powers.

Today, Teesh and I attended our first wedding of 2011. It was beautiful and elegant and truly a winter wonderland and I cried more than I should have [which really was no surprise to me at all] and I caught up with several friends I hadn't seen in years and I actually got TJ to dance with me more than once and the moral of this whole long, drawn-out sentence is that I love weddings. Always have, always will.

my, my, what a handsome date I snagged for this joyous event.

 I hadn't seen Jen since we graduated--it was SO wonderful to catch up with her!

they definitely win the award for the cutest wedding favors. this one was my favorite! a spoon dipped in chocolate. clever, clever, clever!

the STUNNING bride. I have the prettiest friends in the whole world; they do a fantastic job of regularly out-shining me, but I don't mind one bit! Sambug, I couldn't possibly be more thankful for you.

the happy couple!

I was MESMERIZED by this cake. it was one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen in my entire life. I hated to watch them chop it all up!

as to be expected, the groom's cake was inspired by the greatest university on the planet.

Cara is another friend that I hadn't seen since high school. such a fun reunion!

it'll be our turn soon!

The good news: one of my oldest friends married the love of her life and I got to be a part of it. The bad news: I want it to be July 16th so bad now that I can barely stand it!

only 189 days [and several more weddings in between] until people are chiming about our wedding! Yippeeeeee!


"I think a man and a woman should choose each other for life, for the simple reason that a long life with all its accidents is barely enough time for a man and a woman to understand each other...and to understand is to love."
-William Butler Yeats

"It is not your love that sustains the marriage, but from now on, the marriage that sustains your love."
-Dietrich Bonhoeffer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...