Monday, January 24, 2011

no really, we're famous.

Last night, I changed back out of my pajamas at 9 o'clock [that I unashamedly had been wearing since 5 o'clock, by the way] to make a quick trip to Walgreen's to pick up some extra copies of the paper to make sure I had plenty to use for different things. Little did I know I would walk into the Walgreen's on Laurens Road a normal gal who just happened to be engaged and come out one half of a famous soon-to-be married couple. Yepp, you read that right. Here is how it went down:

I walked into the store, grabbed up all but one of the papers they had left [I couldn't be greedy and take them all, you know], and the hopped in line to check out. When it was my turn, I greeted the lady who was ringing me up with a huge smile and handed her the papers. She jokingly asked if there was a big sale I was hoping to take advantage of, and I told her how my engagement was in this week's paper. She lit up like the fourth of July and opened one of those bad boys up to look at our article. As she was reading, she asked me what our story was. I only got to the part about us being together since ninth grade, and then she started yelling for the other staff to come over and have a listen. By the time I got to the end of the story, there was a group of seven Walgreen's employees standing around me with their jaws all dropped to the floor. It was so funny!

And as if that didn't make me feel special enough, one of the girls snuck away while the first girl was finally checking me out, I heard this over the loud speaker: "Congratulations to Anna and TJ on their engagement and up-coming wedding! We, at Walgreen's, are so excited for ya'll's sweet story to keep getting sweeter and sweeter!" Then they all started clapping and hugging me.

The most bizarre part about that whole story? The part where it actually happened. I was only joking when I said we were famous in a small town. I guess I was wrong!

Thennnnn today, I came home to 10 more copies of yesterday's Lifestyle section sent to us by Greenville News. That means the count is up to 16 copies...just in case. :o)


173.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...