Sunday, January 30, 2011

a splendid Saturday.

Today was very unique from our typical days in Wilmington. We didn't look for filming, we didn't sit in our folding chairs for hours upon hours waiting for someone to notice us and come over to say hello, we didn't meet any new friends who are fellow OTH fans.While I love doing all of those things, I enjoyed what we did today much more. I simply just spent time with two of my closest friends in one of the most beautiful places in the entire world. Sure, there was a little OTH thrown into the mix every now and then, but, for the most part, we just walked around the city and enjoyed ourselves. It was a perfect Saturday, and here are some pictures to prove it.

 just call me Neal. Neal Caffrey.

 photoshoot in the mall while we wait on B. Davis to finish up her shopping spree? umm, yes please!

 we loooooooove eachother.

 we visited Wilmington's mall and took a looksy at the carousel where Lucas and Nikki...well, you know. this was one of the few filming locations I had never seen before.

 I can't imagine loving this place anymore than I already do.

 nothing beats a sunset over the water. so beautiful.

 Hales. P. Sawyer. B. Davis. <3

 vogue.

I can assure you that eating this bbq chicken pizza for dinner tonight was an incredibly good decision.

After we ate our pizza and had a little dessert at Caffe Phoenix, we decided to walk up and down the street one more time before making our way back to the crazy eight. We walked down to The Calico Room, a popular bar/lounge downtown, and who do we see sitting outside having drinks and smoking cigarettes? Why, we saw James, Stephen, Rob, Eve (Bono's daughter/James' flavor of the week), and a random girl we didn't know. It was thrilling for the first few seconds, but then something very strange happened. I felt nothing. Well, maybe not nothing. But I definitely didn't feel like I usually do. For the first time in eight years of fantasizing about meeting the cast members (James, especially), I found myself thanking the Lord for giving me such wonderful friends rather than getting all googly-eyed over them. It. Was. Strange. I guess when you find out that the on-screen character that you've grown to love so much over the years is really quite opposite of that in real life, the fire just kind of burns out. Like I said, strange.

Welp, we leave tomorrow. It's going to be a sad day, but the good news is we'll be coming back in March. Yay! Well, at least I hope I will. This whole having-a-job thing really gets in the way of doing what you want. My fingers will remain crossed until I receive the verdict from the boss lady. Feel free to cross yours in my honor, too! :o)

Gooooooooooodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I love Love LOVE all the pictures you got of the three of us, and of course our classic Hales-P. Sawyer ones!

    Ps Do I need to go to City Kids and confront miss boss lady to let you go in March? Because A) It's gonna be your birthday trip and B) I R-E-F-U-S-E to go without you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...