Thursday, May 5, 2016

baby's first haircut.

...and just like that, Braxton has gone from having a mullet to rocking a fresh new cut.

I got all my mama tears out the night before the big day so that I could be quick with the camera at our appointment, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much he loved having scissors and a woman he had never met before so close to him. Jellybeans treated us like royalty, and we left with a keepsake certificate, a lock of his tow-colored hair, and a green balloon weighted down with five jellybeans. He only cried when it was time to leave, because he was so sad to leave that super cool racecar chair behind. Don't worry, though...as soon as the balloon was in sight, he was back to smiling!

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to miss the mullet. Not for the mullet's sake, but for what it meant. He's growing up so fast, and I would roll my eyes every time someone said, "It's about time for that boy to get a haircut, huh?" because I wasn't ready for him to have one (and I'm the mama, so...). For fifteen whole months, his hair did whatever it wanted to. Now, however, his hair has been cut and made to look like what I want him to look like.

I never thought a haircut would be such a big deal, but it was.

It's amazing how much older he looked within minutes, and mamas don't like for their babies to grow up. Now that the deed has been done, however, I love his new look! The new cut definitely suits him, and I think he's even more handsome now that he's got the short, side-part look going on. I mean, he literally gets cuter every minute, don't you agree? (Hehe!)

Mmm, he's such a heart breaker.

I know he is because my heart turns to mush with just one glance from this sweet blonde boy with the fresh, new 'do!

(Baby's first haircut: May 4, 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...