Thursday, May 12, 2016

braxton michael | sixteen months.

This snapshot is the perfect summary of what this past month has looked like.

Endless running. Belly laughs. Cheesy grins, Freshly trimmed hair. Turning every moment into a daring adventure. Constant chatter. That strong-but-sweet personality revealing itself more every second. Shouts of joy. Always looking sharp.

And, of course, Mama with her camera.

Sixteen months have come and gone since that day I went from carrying my baby in my belly to carrying him in my arms, and there has never been another season that has taught me more about cherishing life and fully living in it than this one is.

Every moment is a miracle, and I have been granted the most amazing gift of all: getting to see these miracles come to fruition with my own eyes.

As I look back with gratefulness and forward with anticipation, I choose to live in the moment I am given, for that's where the true miracle is. Every day I get to spend with this boy + his daddy is a day that I don't deserve, but it's also one that I will hold onto (not too loosely, and not too tightly) as I count them twice when I count my blessings.
Keep running, little one. Run your heart out as you chase your dreams and make new discoveries, both about yourself and the world around you. Never be too proud to rest, though, for that's all part of the race. Life is not a sprint but a marathon, and your ability to endure is much more important than how fast you go. Keep running, little one, and always look around to make sure you're on the right path. Don't follow your heart, because your heart can easily be misled. Don't follow the crowd, because you were born to humbly and fearlessly lead. Simply follow in the footsteps of the One who made you, and let Him tell you where you ought to go.

And as you run, always remember that you'll never go alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...