Tuesday, May 10, 2016

mama's day.

Things I don't want to forget about this Mama's Day:

A delicious breakfast of champions prepared by my precious husband before church, complete with red roses, the sweetest card, and the two most handsome boys on the planet.

TJ's thoughtfulness in remembering a conversation we had about how much I would love a "Mama Bear" t-shirt and for B to wear one to match me. A man who embraces his wife's desires, especially the cheesy ones, is a good man, indeed.

Seriously, though. How precious are these?

A surprise picnic at the park complete with BBQ and our best buds. Words can't express just how much this meant to Stephanie and me!

Watching my wild man be a dare devil on the playground, and laughing to myself as I thought, "Daddy has his hands full with the two of us!"

Remembering the first time these two cuties met when B was just a couple of weeks old, and praising Jesus for the laughter that filled our ears as they played together on this day. Raising future men is a hefty challenge, but God has been so good to us to give us friends to come alongside of as we rise to the occasion.

Rejoicing at this boy's love for the outdoors that grows exponentially every time we go outside. Children are trained by what they interact with and experience, starting at an early age, and I already see Braxton beginning to learn to love what his daddy + mama love. This truth encourages me to keep on keepin' on!

Laughing at how beautiful the mess is, and reminding myself that it's okay when things aren't perfect. "Real life" isn't as bad as they all say it will be!

How this little boy loves to run! And for as long as I am able, I will run with him. He, also, has reached the stage where it's funny to run from daddy + mama, which makes for extra cardio and laughter.

I say it all the time because I believe it with my whole heart: the little things mean the most. People say that we remember the moments that mean the most to us the longest, and if that's true, then I will remember this day forever. This mama bear loves her baby bear, and I want my actions to always scream that truth much louder than my words do.

I want the same to be true for the way I love my Teesh, too.

I wouldn't be half the mama I am without him being the daddy that he is, and there is no one else who loves me like he does. This day is proof of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...