Tuesday, March 1, 2016

leap day.

Leap Day only comes around once every four years, so what does that mean for the adventurers of the world? Well, when we get an extra day to go exploring, we take it and make the most of it! My cousin, Laura, and her kiddos, Luke and Micah, invited us to join them for a picnic at Cleveland Park followed by a walk along the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and we loved every minute of that lovely afternoon. The weather was as close to perfect as it could have been, the sky was as blue as the sea, the two biggest boys entertained the littlest boy the whole time (seriously, all they had to do was look at him, and he grinned from ear to ear), and the paved trail was full of smiling faces wearing sunglasses. There wasn't a dull moment the whole afternoon, complete with both laughter and tears, but that didn't surprise us (life with kids - am I right?).

We weren't the only ones who enjoyed this day, but I'm pretty sure that the sweetness from this day will linger on in my soul for a lot longer than many of the others' who were making memories alongside of us. Raising a boy with my cousin who is also raising boys is pretty much a dream come true, because our kiddos will grow up together just like we did. My family tree is a gift, and it's certainly not one I ever want to waste.

I hope your Leap Day was good enough to hold you over for another four years. Ours sure was!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...