Thursday, March 3, 2016

walk it out.

Just like that, this little boy has gone from a baby to a toddler.

He's been taking a few steps here and there for a couple of weeks, and each new step produced a little more courage than the one before. Now, he's a man on a mission. It won't be long before crawling is completely a thing of the past, but for now it's his safety net when he loses his balance. Crawling is also still good for those times when he wants to get somewhere fast.

This whole watching your baby begin to put one foot in front of the other thing is pretty fun.

And pretty surreal.

And as proud and excited I am that he's reached his next milestone, the mama in me has been going back and forth between tears of joy and tears of sorrow and disbelief each time I watch him grow in independence.

The good news is that now instead of crawling over to me and then reaching up for some lovin', he now reaches as he walks. Yep, it's the cutest thing ever.

Mmm, mmm, mmm. I love my walking, talking, cheesey-smiling, eyebrow lifting cuddle bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...