Wednesday, March 16, 2016

zoo with friends.

A lot has changed since these two cuties first went to the zoo together back in September. We pushed them around in stroller last time, and they had a very limited knowledge of what was going on. Last week when we had another zoo date, however, they walked and talked and checked things out like professionals. They've been having play dates for a while now, and it's so fun to watch them really start to interact with each other. I love spending time with Dorothy, too, so it's always a fun time for all of us!

Friends are a gift from God, and it makes this mama's heart soar to know that Braxton has so many already. I pray often that he will learn this lesson early in life and spend his life loving others as an expression of gratitude. I, also, pray that he learns that the quality of friendships he has holds far more weight than the quantity of friendships. This was (and often still is) a hard lesson for me to learn, but it is one that I am most thankful for.

I hope that Braxton and Jules grow up with a desire to always love others well regardless of how they're loved in return. And I hope that they remind Dorothy and me to do the same when we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...