Tuesday, April 26, 2016

first solo trip.

The forecast for Earth Day was wet and rainy, so we opted to celebrate a day early by adventuring through Paris Mountain State Park. This was the first time I've taken B hiking by myself, and I intentionally chose a trail that I've done so many times that I could do it with a blindfold on to appease those who are prone to worry (ahem, Teesh). Solo hiking isn't a habit I'm trying to make, but I can't promise you that I won't do it every once in a while. The only sounds I heard other than the dozen people we passed on the trail were his breath in my ear and the crunch beneath my Chacos, and I loved it. Like really, really loved it. I assure you that I won't be attempting any strenuous hikes alone, but we will be back on the trails, just the two of us, again soon.

Although it rained on Earth Day, the afternoon before was beautiful.

The rain tried to ruin our plans, but instead it simply inspired us to mix things up and try something new. I've always believed that being proactive always trumps procrastinating, and this little exploration only further solidified that belief.

So many life lessons to learn, trails to hike, memories to make, and pictures to take, yet so little time.

I'm glad I didn't wait until the storm had passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...